If you are a business or organization planning an event within the Broadway District, here is a checklist of the items that should be done to have a successful event. If you have any further questions or concerns about your event being in the Broadway District, please contact the On Broadway, Inc. office at 920-437-2531 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Contact On Broadway, Inc. (OBI) – 60-90 days prior to the event date, contact OBI to let them know that there is an event being planned in the district. This will give OBI time to work with you to make sure that all businesses and/or residents in the district are aware, specifically near the location of your event.

Help Me Promote – OBI has marketing tools to assist you in promoting your event.

Contact Information for City of Green Bay Special Event Planning – Here is the link for the Special Events Permit and Booklet on the City of Green Bay website. City employees will likely need to be involved in your event planning process.

Event Permit – The City of Green Bay requires an event permit to be filed with the Risk Management Department. Organizations must also provide proof of insurance for the event, listing the City of Green Bay as additionally insured. Click here to download the permit. Call the City of Green Bay Risk Management Department if you have further questions at 920-448-3091. Permits must be filed 60 days or more prior to an event.

Selling Beer or Wine – If your event will include the sale of beer or wine (no hard liquor sales are permitted at public events), you will need to take out a Class B Temporary license (picnic permit), which can be obtained at the City of Green Bay Clerk’s office on the 1st floor of City Hall (100 N Jefferson St, Green Bay, WI 54301). Only non-profit organizations are eligible to apply for this permit. Permit cost is $10 and requires proof of Liquor Liability insurance. A licensed bartender must be in attendance during event hours.

Selling Food – Food vending at events usually requires permitting by the Brown County Health Department. Call 920-448-6448 to determine your needs.

City Park Rentals – If you would like to have your event in a park, Leicht Memorial Park and Veterans Memorial Park are both located in the Broadway District, you will need to apply for a park rental permit. First time events will raise funds for an organization will need to get approval from the Parks Committee. Call the Parks Department at 920-448-3365 to arrange your rental.

Street Closures/Street Services – If your event will require street closures, street sweeping, trash collection, ect., you will need to work with the City’s Public Works Department. Call 920-448-3100 to work with a DPW staff person.

Police Needs – If you’re event will require police protection or services, please contact 920-448-3214. Depending on the expected attendance of your event, police presence may or may not be required.

EMS/Fire Department Needs – Depending on your projected attendance, you may be required to have EMS services on-site, call 920-448-3289.

Tent Inspections – If your event will have tents sized 20’x20’ or larger, you will need to have the Fire Department inspection prior to your event. Email to arrange.

Private Owner Property Requests – If you are looking to have your event on or near a privately-owned property, contact On Broadway, Inc. to assist you on those contacts. Call 920-437-2531 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Printable PDF